School Travel Plan
Dobcroft Junior School has received the School Travel Award for the past three years and has enhanced work in this area annually as part of the Healthy Schools Programme and as part of the Sustainable Schools initiative.
We currently hold the 3 star award. Achievements through the School Travel Plan have been
- annual promotion of Walk to School weeks for past 7 years
- road safety within the curriculum
- knowledge of local area in the curriculum
- benefits of exercise/walking in curriculum in all year groups
- involvement of pupils through the Pupils' Parliament (school council)
- annual cycling proficiency training for Y6 for past 3 years
- agreement that pupils may cycle to school accompanied by their parents
- School Champion for Travel who is a parent governor
- outdoor roof shelter outside one of main exits from school (used money from the first Travel Award for this)
- Participation in WOW which is Walk to School Once a Week.
- A successful School Bus initiative which has been organised by parents for past 2 years. There are now 4 routes.
- 2 appointed school travel reps from Y6 who consult with S.M.T and walking bus